Do you like cupcakes? Do you enjoy baking and decorating cupcakes? Have you noticed cupcake shops popping up around your town? If you answered yes to anyone of these questions then maybe you should consider starting your own cupcake business. We are in a cupcake craze right now. People love this single serve desert and they are buying cupcakes like crazy! If you drop by any local cupcake shop you will find so many different flavors offered. You may have options like chocolate, carrot, cookies and cream, coconut, reese’s peanut butter, red velvet, cupcakes decorated for any holiday season, wedding cupcakes, baby shower cupcakes, birthday cupcakes, and many more. This is way different then years ago when you had to choose between chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. The time to start a business is now!
Here are the basics that you need to think about when opening a cupcake shop.
1) Where will you run your business, home or store front?
2) What will you name your shop?
3) Where will you get your cupcake baking supplies and cake decorations?
4) Where will you get your equipment if opening a store front.
4) Will you run your business by yourself or hire employee’s?
5) What are the local health department regulations in your area?
6) What permits, license, etc. are required in your area for food service?
7) What kind of advertising will you do to get exposure for your new business?
8) Would taking a cake decorating class be an asset to your business?
All of these things are very important to starting your very own cupcake business. You may even want to consider taking a cake decorating class to master your skills. I highly recommend getting online and checking out blogs to find out all the latest fads on cupcake recipes, cake decorating, and ideas. You might find that giant cupcakes are the big fad right now, or that chocolate cupcakes are the best seller, you may even learn where to find the cutest cupcake wrappers. The more information that you can get, the more successful your business will be.
There will always be a market for cupcakes. There is always going to be birthday parties, weddings, baby showers, Christmas parties, Valentine’s day parties, family reunions, school parties, office parties, Easter, Mother’s day, Father’s day, etc. I’m sure that you have taken cupcakes at one or more of these events before. Not to mention, people love cupcakes for a simple, but tasty desert.
Now is the time to start your own business!